WE HAVE PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE HELPING THE PEOPLE IN AND AROUND HOPEWELL JUNCTION & DUTCHESS COUNTY, NY
Yacht Brokers will often charge you around 10% of the purchase price of a vessel. However, if you have already found a buyer for your property, it is very possible to save thousands of dollars by choosing The Law Office of Alexander Sherwood Keenan, PLLC to take care of the hassle of closing. With us on your side, you can expect the deal to close for 2.0% of the purchase price ($1000 minimum). All funds will be maintained in our Attorney Trust Account. All purchase documents will be reviewed by a lawyer. None of your money will be released until everyone involved is completely content with the deal that is ready to close. We will worry about the technical stuff so that you can worry about relaxing on the water.
At our firm, our main goal is to help you finalize your sale or purchase of your boat or yacht. Every situation is different, but our general procedure is as follows:
- Collect purchase funds in an Attorney Trust Account in preparation for closing.
- Acquire and review ownership documents for thoroughness and precision.
- Verify ownership status.
- Obtain the information for a lien pay-off
- Preparation of a settlement statement to show who gets paid the funds from closing.
- Assisting you in paying off all known mortgages and liens.
- Making sure the buyer receives a good, clean title.
In addition, we are also happy to offer these other services:
- Documentation and registration services for all yachts, boats, and ships.
- Providing counsel on relevant legal matters, such as recommendations for where and how to title the boat
- Chartering, corporate ownership, and maintaining anonymity throughout
CHARTER PARTY DRAFTING AND NEGOTIATION
WE LOVE HELPING MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR THE PEOPLE OF HOPEWELL JUNCTION & DUTCHESS COUNTY, NY
We have experience helping owners, charterers and sub-charterers with anything related to the drafting and negotiating processes of a charter. We are available to draft all types of marine contracts including:
- charter contracts
- passage tickets
- terminal agreements
- bills of lading
- towage contracts
Call 845-345-2123 today to learn more about the services we are able to provide.